Terms of Service - Please read!
WELCOME TO THE OR EXCHANGE!
- This discussion/comments site is sponsored by the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (“INFORMS”) for the use of the general public to express their ideas, share ideas and information and shall be used exclusively as a community networking and problem solving tool.
- By posting comments to this discussion/comments site, You indicate that You understand and intend these Terms of Service to be the legal equivalent of a signed, written contract and equally binding, and that You accept such Terms of Service and agree to be legally bound by them. Please note that INFORMS reserves the right to change the Terms of Service under which the opportunity to comment is extended to You. Your continued use of this comment feature following such modifications will be conclusively deemed acceptance by You of any changes to these Terms of Service.
- This Terms of Service Agreement provides You with a personal, revocable, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use this comment feature conditioned on Your continued compliance with the Terms of Service. As a condition of use of this comment feature, You warrant to INFORMS that You will not use this comment feature for any purpose that is unlawful or otherwise prohibited by these Terms of Service.
- INFORMS accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted in response to the discussion/comments site. INFORMS cannot warrant the accuracy of any information posted in the comments/discussion area and INFORMS disclaims all warranties with regard to information circulated in the comments/discussion area. This disclaimer includes all warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall INFORMS be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted in this comments/discussion area. In no event is INFORMS liable for any damage to Your computer system or business delays caused by computer viruses that may emerge from this comments/discussion area.
- Neither INFORMS nor its officers, staff and volunteers accept any responsibility for the content of the postings in this comments/discussion area. The content of all postings is solely the responsibility of the authors. INFORMS reserves the right to delete, move or edit any communications at any time, for any reason or in its discretion, but has no obligation to review or remove any such content. In the event that any inappropriate or illegal posting is brought to INFORMS’ attention, INFORMS may exercise appropriate action.
- You agree not to use this comments/discussion area to post material that:
- contains vulgar, profane, abusive, racist or hateful language or expressions, epithets or slurs, text, photographs or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature;
- is defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violates the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community;
- violates any right of INFORMS, its officers, directors, employees, members or any third party;
- discriminates on the grounds of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability, or refers to such matters in any manner prohibited by law;
- violates or inappropriately encourages the violation of any municipal, state, federal or international law, rule, regulation or ordinance;
- advertises, promotes or offers to trade any goods or services;
- You do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- contains software viruses, spyware or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- "stalks," “flames” or otherwise harasses another person or entity; and/or
- contains advertising, commercial releases, chain letters, jokes, political advocacy, personal messages or other non-related messages.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that INFORMS may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of INFORMS, its officers, directors, employers, agents, other Discussion Board users or the public.
By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright with respect to such material or it has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants INFORMS the exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other materials.
In all cases, users acknowledge the intended spirit and intent of this discussion/comments site comment/discussion area, and agree to its use in accordance with these stated principles. All participants agree to withdraw from commenting on this website when they no longer comply with the Terms of Service. INFORMS reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these rules, or who no longer qualifies.